We are committed to ensuring website accessibility for people with disabilities, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive, and motor impairments. The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements to improve accessibility for people with disabilities.
We have been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level AA to make our website a positive place for everyone.
Charles and Charles is a small locally owned business. While renovations and updates are ongoing, but the structure of the building retains the original look of the house built in 1960’s. The property has evolved over time. Most suites are on second floor in the main building is accessed by steep and narrow stairs. While we will make every effort to accommodate guests of all levels of physical ability, due to the age of the building, it possesses neither the spatial nor the structural attributes needed to meet the America with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance for hotels. We are a bed and breakfast with five rooms and live on the property.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE ACCESSIBILITY LIMITATIONS:
• The property close to town and has gravel parking lot . The suites are accessed by an exterior two brick steps plus a steep staircase for all 2nd floor rooms.
• .There is no wheelchair-accessible ramp.
• Many of the rooms have a tub shower configuration while others have a step up in order to enter the shower.
• It is impossible for a wheelchair or anyone with mobility issues to navigate the small entrance to the 1st floor suite.
• The quest house room on the 1st floor guest house has a board patio and two stone steps to enter.
While the age and structure of the building inhibit our ability to be ADA compliant. We will make every effort to accommodate guests with mobility issues if at all possible.
If you have questions about this Accessibility Policy, please contact us.
Phone: (508) 338-2351